Why should you never trust an atom? Because they make up everything! Science jokes! 😀
Here are some fundamental science facts to help you with life. Like the dual realities post, this information is valuable and can help you decipher the constant noise that exists in our modern world of digital communication.
- Science is a method (not a religion) which can be repeated and tested by anyone- even you!
- It is about building upon knowledge for the good of society.
- Skepticism is good- it involves learning and then deciding. As opposed to denial, which ignores all information.
- Independent thought is the difference between determining if it is science, pseudoscience, a poorly designed experiment or just hype (e.g. only one study).
- It is not science vs everyone else. In fact the more collaborations happen, the better. Environmental science is multi-disciplinary, but more on that later.
Science in Australia is okay, but there is always room for improvement. In the interest of science communication and sharing knowledge, here are some important websites to continue your research:
- Australian Government Science website not to be confused with Inspiring Australia.
- Australian Science Blogs (note Si Moore!).
- Specifically Victoria, Australia.
Happy to chat more about any aspect of this post- feedback welcome! Feel free to continue the discussion in the comments section or on any of the social media links!
Thanks for reading! -Si